Welcome to Positive Polly Posts!

Positive Polly Posts

Monday, October 17, 2011

Imagine Your Whole Love

Typing to Tunes: Wilco's new album, The Whole Love

A lovely day in 2004 a lovely friend of mine took a chance and lent me an album entitled Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. It struck me as a peculiar name for an album, however it quickly became one of those CDs that was on constant repeat in my Jeep (R.I.P).  Since 2004 the band that has chosen to name their albums after civil war meets ballroom dance terms, Wilco has become a topper of my all time favorite bands list. A few things, beside Yankee Hotel Foxtrot have contributed to this. 
1. They are amazing musicians (don't get me started on Nels)
2. In my perspective they are a band that consistently redevelops themselves. You know it is them, but with every album something seems to change, but their vibe is still there.  Never stale and somehow mastering to always keep their trademark sound.
3. Those, what seem to be, moments of clarity at a concert.  Seeing any music is something that I will geek out on...for a while, and boy have I geeked out at Wilco show.

So thank you friend for introducing me to a band that I truly enjoy.  I hope that I have at least perked some sort of interest with some of you, below you can find the title track to Wilco's latest album, The Whole Love.
I thought I would share this song, b/c ... its just kind of adorable...and great.
Listening to this light-hearted love song I can't help but tap my toes and pop my shoulders to the vibe of the song.  Entitled Whole Love, I find it fitting that Mr. Tweedy's perfectly unique earnest vocals sing:
 I will call on the the telephone
I will call when you get mad
I'll still love you to death
And I will never forget how

It's such a happy and hopeful song about how someone would devote their "Whole Love".  The type of song that makes you want to dance with that someone special - in the cute way. Enjoy, Polly. 


My cold marigolds attack
My back a bed of roses
I'm gonna break my back
With you bounces high

And I know that I won't be
The easiest to set free
And I know that I won't be the last
Cold captain tied to the mast

I will call on the the telephone
I will call when you get mad
I'll still love you to death
And I will never forget how

And I know that I won't be
The easiest to set free
And I know that I won't be the last Cold captain tied to the mast

I'm on the other side
When I'm satisfied
Oh I'm a spirit dove
I'm looking for your love

I'm simple as a matter of fact
Punch you in the nose 
Don't over-react
I'll still love you to death
And I won't ever forget how

And I know that I won't be
The easiest to set free
And I know that I won't be the last Cold captain tied to the mast
And I know that I won't be the one
To secure they'll know what it's from
But I hope I'll know when it's past
And I hope I'll know when I show you my

Whole Love
Whole Love
Whole Love
Whole Love
Whole Love
Whole Love
Whole Love
Whole Love

And I won't ever forget how 

No comments:

Post a Comment